The Emmanuel Ivorgba Foundation presents 2018 YBL Awards
The 2nd Annual Young Business Leaders and Social Entrepreneurship Awards ceremony was hosted by The Emmanuel Ivorgba Foundation on June 2, 2018 at the Doo Palace Hotel, Makurdi, Benue State, Nigeria. The Award provides access to finance, which is usually the most obvious challenge, as well training and mentoring support. Young Entrepreneurs will receive mini capital to grow their businesses as well as expert local support, specifically tailored to their needs. Dignitaries who witnessed the Awards presentation included Prof. Nicholas Ada, former Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, who was the Distinguished Guest Speaker at the Awards Ceremony, Hon. Dooshima Uza, Special Adviser to the Benue State Governor on Projects, Dr. Mrs Ado Blessing Wombo of the Department of Vocational Agriculture and Technology Education, Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Representative of the National Agency for the prohibition Trafficking in Person(NAPTIP) Makurdi, Dr. Adaka Terfa Ahon, Principal Lecturer at the Federal College of Education (Tech), Gombe, Gombe State, His Grace Salika Dasa, Dr. Sesugh Ande, Senior Chemistry Lecturer and Examiner at Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi and Board Member, The Emmanuel Ivorgba Foundation, among others
Over 250 applications were received from youth entrepreneurs from across Nigeria who submitted their ideas for sustainable businesses that employ young people in Nigeria. Winners of the 2018 Young Business Leaders Awards are:
1. Comfort Berynyu Johnson- (Tailoring). A student of Taraba State University, Jalingo, who makes beautiful traditional Sardauna clothing/fabrics, sourced from local materials, supported by her Mother. She is paying herself through school with this as well as supporting her family. She intends to expand this and provide skills and support to more young people in Taraba State.
2. Salome Iveren Simon- (Youth Empowerment) Salome is a graduate of Benue State University, who served in Kogi State. After he youth service, she decided to remain in Lokoja, Kogi State, where she now runs a Youth Empowerment Scheme, empowering/supporting over 500 young boys and girls, aged 10- 18 years.
3. Fwangshak Danladi - (Blockmaking). Based in Jos, Plateau State, Fwangshak runs a cement block making industry, where he makes some cash for himself, but also employs young people.
The Winners received the sum of One Hundred Thousand Naira (N100, 000) each to expand their businesses as well as six months of training and mentorship support. The Emmanuel Ivorgba Foundation is grateful to our dear friends Brian Rusch and Jason Perry for their support and trust.
In the Social Entrepreneurship Awards Category, the following were awarded:
1. Hon Dooshima Uza, President, Rotary Club of North Bank, Makurdi
2. Barrister Amaatimin Tertsegha Timothy- Lawyer and Social Entrepreneur based in Makurdi
3. Achenyo Helen Asimegbe- Founder, Stylemark ProEnterprise Hub, Abuja, Nigeria
The Emmanuel Ivorgba Foundation has been at the forefront of making a difference in people's lives since 2017. As a leading Social Entrepreneurship Foundation in Nigeria, we strive to make a positive life-changing impact on all of our recipients by providing them with all the tools, resources, and monetary support they need in order to succeed.