4th Young Business Leaders Awards (YBL): Call for Nominations
The Emmanuel Ivorgba Foundation, with support from Brian Rusch and Jason Perry, is happy to announce and welcome Nominations for its 4th Young Business Leaders Awards (YBL), to support young entrepreneurs in Nigeria. Now in its 4th year, the Young Business Leaders (YBL) Award to support young Nigerian entrepreneurs with an integrated package of support to help them start and grow sustainable businesses. Helping young people to start their own business can make a direct impact on unemployment - because not only does the young person get a job, but they are able to create jobs for others. The Award provides access to finance, which is usually the most obvious challenge, as well training and mentoring support. Young Entrepreneurs will receive mini capital to grow their businesses as well as expert local support, specifically tailored to their needs.
The Emmanuel Ivorgba Foundation exists to end hunger and poverty in Africa, through investments in Education, support to social entrepreneurs and the development of tomorrow's leaders. We support positive social change through viable, sustainable programs that strengthen local people and communities.
REQUIREMENTS AND CLOSING DATE:
Applications are invited from Young Nigerian Entrepreneurs who meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Applicant must be Nigerian aged 18-35 years, whose existing or proposed business must be located in Nigeria
- Show a high level of integrity and a commitment to sustainability
- Copy of birth certificate is required
- Submit a Concept Note and Business Sustainability Plan of not more than 5 pages long
- Closing date for the submission of Nominations is May 31, 2020 by 4pm. There will be no extensions. Nominations sent in after this date and time will not be attended to.
- Your Concept Note must contain your email, phone number and physical business Address
METHOD OF SUBMISSION:
All Nominations (Copy of Birth Certificate, Concept Note and Sustainability Plan, not more than 5 pages long), should be submitted by email to: email@example.com and copy: firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful applicants will receive a Financial Award in the sum of One Hundred Thousand (N100, 000) Naira each, including an all expenses trip to Young Business Leaders Award Ceremony. The Award recipients will also receive at least six (6) months of training